Giannis sits for Bucks vs. Wizards with hip, quad injuries
- HOF: Rivera, Halladay, Martinez, Mussina
- Pliskova rallies down 5-1, stuns Serena
- Chiefs fire DC Sutton after loss to Pats
- No-call suit seeks Rams-Saints do-over
- NFL investigating laser pointed at Brady
- Braves keep All-Star OF Markakis for $6M
- George, Westbrook lead OKC past Blazers
- Williamson stars as No. 2 Duke tops Pitt
- Osaka sails into first Aussie Open semi
- SJ's Hertl nets 3rd in OT, Caps' skid 6
WASHINGTON (AP) Milwaukee forward Giannis Antetokounmpo has been ruled out of the Bucks' game Friday night against the Washington Wizards because of right quadriceps soreness and a left hip contusion.
It will be the third game Antetokounmpo has missed this season. The 6-foot-11 player from Greece is averaging 26.6 points, 12.8 rebounds and 6.0 assists and has emerged as an MVP candidate in his sixth season. The Bucks entered Friday with the best record in the Eastern Conference.
"Hopefully, it's nothing too serious," Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "He got hit a few games ago, and kind of been managing it."
Antetokounpo played 37 minutes Wednesday night in a victory at Houston. Milwaukee is 2-0 this season when he does not play.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 11, 2019
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.