Jaguars rule out running back Fournette for game at Chiefs
- Dodgers ace Kershaw available for Game 7
- Michigan beats MSU after pregame spat
- No. 3 Clemson overwhelms No. 16 NC State
- James to make LA home debut vs. Rockets
- Cora says Betts could play 2B in Series
- Disgruntled Butler rested against Mavs
- No. 9 Oklahoma rebounds with win at TCU
- Top-ranked Tide start fast to rout Vols
- Washington pulls away late to top Buffs
- Temple upends No. 20 Cincinnati in OT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) The Jacksonville Jaguars have ruled out running back Leonard Fournette four days before the team's game at Kansas City.
Coach Doug Marrone announced Wednesday that Fournette and cornerback D.J. Hayden (toe) will miss the road game Sunday. It was a somewhat surprising move considering NFL teams rarely rule out players before Friday.
Fournette re-injured his right hamstring in a 31-12 victory against the New York Jets last Sunday. Considering he missed two and a half games after initially tweaking it and came back too soon, the Jaguars (3-1) are expected to be more cautious this time around.
No one would be surprised to see Fournette sidelined until after Jacksonville's bye week, potentially returning Nov. 11 against Indianapolis.
The second-year pro from LSU already has missed five of 20 regular-season games and left his only two starts this season because of hamstring tightness.
He has 71 yards rushing on 20 carries this season.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated October 3, 2018
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.